YOU want to get fitter, or lose fat. But you just can't seem to find the time to exercise.
Studies show that people who work out in the morning have more success, says motivational speaker and exercise physiologist Mark McKeon, author of Get in the Go Zone.
Here are some tips to succeed:
- Diary it. Making an appointment with yourself works.
- Decide exactly what you are going to do - an exercise class or a walk or run around the block. Know your route and your timetable.
- Lay out your clothes the night before.
- Set an alarm on your phone. You may even be able to make it a command that motivates you.
- Make a double date. If you have any doubts about being able to go it alone, rope in a friend who needs to get fit.
- If it's hunger that makes you cut your workout short, have a juice or a smoothie before you go.
- Load up your phone or music player with your favourite music. That alone may prompt you to get up.
- Use your smartphone to load a training app.
- Plan a reward that you will only get if you work out.
- Congratulate yourself for a job well done and diary the next two workouts.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.