THE countdown is on; it's officially only one month until Christmas.
It's time to dust off the Christmas tree, get your meat orders in and tackle the shopping if you haven't done so already.
Parents have been getting in early with their visits to Santa at Caneland Central and one mother already has nearly everything sorted.
Nicole and Jim Greaves' Christmas tree is up and they've done their shopping.
They got in early, in the middle of the year, when sales were on.
If you're stuck for ideas, Santa at Caneland Central has some tips on what is popular this year.
Electric scooters, iPads, Barbies, Peppa Pig and purple push bikes were what kids were asking for this year, Santa confided.
"Yes, purple push bikes, I don't know why purple," he said.
Talking to children every day, Santa said he was already immersed in the Christmas spirit.
"Everyone is just beautiful," he said.
"All they want to do is say hello to Santa Claus. The culture is here and the Christmas spirit is with every one."
His best Christmas tip?
"The most important thing is to give mum and dad a kiss on Christmas Day and say 'Santa said Merry Christmas'."
CHRISTMAS TO DO LIST
Here is a list of things to get your Christmas started. Make sure you check it twice!
- Start ordering your meat and seafood. Harry Preuss from Mackay Wholesale Meats said you can leave it to the last minute to pick up orders. Or you can buy it early and chuck it in the freezer, just make sure to defrost it in the fridge over a few days.
- Start making your travel plans
- Think about what presents to buy
- Don't forget to enter the Daily Mercury's Christmas Lights competition
- Adopt a Family in local charities
- Win weekly prizes in our Countdown to Christmas competition
- Win stocking with $5000 worth of prizes by shopping locally
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.