A MAN'S wife burst into tears after a jury yesterday acquitted him of indecent treatment of her daughter.
The man, who cannot be named, had been accused of treating the girl indecently in south-east Queensland between March 1 and April 30, 2009, when the girl was aged 10.
He appeared impassive as the jury handed down its result yesterday.
The man and his wife now live in the Gladstone region.
The girl has lived with her father since the alleged incident.
The man's trial on one count of indecent treatment of a child under 16/under 12 began in the Gladstone District Court on Tuesday.
Crown prosecutor Peter O'Connor told the court the alleged incident had occurred after the girl had been in the bath.
Defence barrister Maree Willey said there were inconsistencies in the evidence presented to the court.
The jury began deliberating on Wednesday afternoon and returned its verdict just after 10am yesterday.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.