IT comes with a price tag just under $25,000.
So Samsung's 88 inch SUHD TV would want to be pretty special.
Samsung says its new range of televisions will mark a 'significant evolution' in the colour and picture quality offered to Australians.
Using nano-crystal technology, the SUHD TVs promise crisp and clear imaging for Hollywood blockbusters or live TV events watched in the home.
"The Samsung SUHD experience will change the way Australians think about Samsung's home entertainment and visual display technology - it's on a completely new level to anything we have ever produced,'' says Philip Newton, corporate vice president of Samsung Electronics Australia.
"Australians will absolutely love watching the latest and most popular shows and movies on this TV that can streamed straight to the living room from the likes of Netflix, Presto and Stan2.
"We will be offering some of the first purchasers of 2015 Samsung TVs bonus access to Netflix for six months, allowing them to watch UHD content like House of Cards and Marco Polo on our stunning Samsung SUHD displays."
Key features across the new SUHD TV line-up include:
- Nano crystal colour technology - provides more colours, contrast and brightness than previous Samsung TV models, for images that are stunning and detailed;
- Precision Black Pro and Peak Illuminator - in combination, produce dark blacks, excellent brightness, and an accurate colour display;
- Tizen operating system - provides users with quick and easy access to TV functions and their favourite content; and
- Minimalist and modern design - inspired by trends in contemporary art and architecture.
Samsung will offer three new series of SUHD TVs - JS9500, JS9000 and JS8500 - in seven screen sizes between the models, from 55-inches to 88-inches.
The JS9500 model will feature Samsung's Chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen, and making the TV look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall.
The JS9000 model has a soft, textured Shirring design on the back, ensuring the TV maintains its stylish edge from any angle.
All of Samsung's new 2015 TVs, including the new SUHD TVs, will be powered by Tizen, an open source platform that supports the web standard for TV app development.
Key features include:
• Intuitive user interface - simplified to one main screen, the TV displays the most recent content and tailored content recommendations for a faster and simpler user experience
• Automatically recognises connected Samsung smartphones - share video content from Samsung smartphones to Smart TVs easily and also watch TV through compatible mobile devices;
• Briefing on TV - Samsung Smart TVs now act as an alarm, syncing up with compatible Samsung mobile devices, to turn on and display important items such as the time, weather, and upcoming meetings, with a large screen; and
• Octa-core processor - Powered by an Octa-core processor, apps and menus load quickly so users can search, find and enjoy content swiftly.
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Series 9 JS9500 88-inch SUHD TV - RRP $24,999, available June 2015
Samsung Series 9 JS9500 78-inch SUHD TV - RRP $19,999, available April 2015
Samsung Series 9 JS9500 65-inch SUHD TV - RRP $9,999, available April 2015
Samsung Series 9 JS9000 65-inch SUHD TV - RRP $7,999, available April 2015
Samsung Series 9 JS9000 55-inch SUHD TV - RRP $5,999, available April 2015
Samsung Series 8 JS8000 65-inch SUHD TV - RRP $6,999, available April 2015
Samsung Series 8 JS8000 55-inch SUHD TV - RRP $4,999, available April 2015
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.