A FORMER Ipswich man who was convicted of raping a four-year-old girl and filming it has lost his case against the parole board.
The pedophile, who cannot be named to protect the victim's identity, is serving seven years in jail for several offences including rape, indecent treatment of a child and possession of child exploitation material.
The child was four years old and was living with the man at the time. He pleaded guilty to the offences and was sentenced about three years ago.
The parole board refused his parole and the man wanted Brisbane Supreme Court to make an order that would require the board to give him detailed reasons about its decision to reject him.
The man represented himself at a hearing last month.
After considering the matter, Supreme Court Justice Glenn Martin on Wednesday found the parole board did nothing wrong.
He said the board argued the man was identified as someone who would benefit from sexual offending treatment programs but had not completed any.
Justice Martin also said the parole board's legal team argued the man did not sign a consent form that would allow him to undergo psychological assessment.
Justice Martin said the man's argument was more "in the nature of an expression of dissatisfaction" with the decision to reject his parole rather than the extent of the parole's reasons.
"That is not a ground for granting an order that further reasons be given," Justice Martin said.
He dismissed the man's case and ordered he pay the parole board's costs for the legal proceeding.
- APN NEWSDESK
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.