Newman govt gives itself perfect score for first six months
QUEENSLAND'S Campbell Newman government has given itself a 'perfect score' in its assessment of its first six months in office.
"The Newman Government has successfully ticked off all 124 items outlined in its Six Month Action Plan released in July this year, representing a perfect score since its election in March 2012,'' the government boasted in a statement released on Tuesday.
Acting Premier Jeff Seeney said the completion of this Six Month Action Plan follows the delivery of all commitments from two previous Plans, as well as the hugely successful First 30 day and First 100 Day commitments by the Newman Government.
"We committed to share with all Queenslanders exactly what the Government's priorities are to make this state a better place to live and do business in.
The July to December 2013 Six Month Action Plan includes:
• the purchasing of 27 flood boats for the SES
• recruit 130 additional police, on top of normal recruitment levels
• establish three additional boot camps for troubled youth in Rockhampton, Townsville and Fraser Coast
• complete seasonal fire scar mapping of the state to assist with fire management
• commence implementation of a single environmental offsets policy for Queensland
• commence the twelve month blitz on waiting lists for cochlear implements
• begin the roll out of rapid testing in Queensland allowing quick screening for HIV that will cut waiting times results from three months to half an hour
• expand Hospital in Homes program
• launch the second round of the Royalties for Regions program
• complete the Yeppen North project at the junction of the Bruce Highway and Capricorn Highway
• release the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Legacy Plan for Queensland
• host the first Queensland Small Business week to celebrate the importance of small business
• develop and release The Queensland Plan in collaboration with Queenslanders.
To read the full Six Month Action Plan Report online at http://thepremier.qld.gov.au/plans-and-progress/progress.aspx