Men seriously burned after gas explosion

TWO men have suffered serious burns after a suspected gas bottle explosion on a southeast Queensland property.

Paramedics confirmed two male patients were being treated for burns to their torso after an incident at a property on Old Bruce Hwy, Tuchekoi, south of Gympie, just before 5pm on Sunday.

One of the men was airlifted to the Royal Brisbane Hospital, while the other man was transported to a hospital on the Sunshine Coast.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services were also on scene assisting QAS with first aid.

QAS tweeted reporting the incident was a gas bottle explosion in a shed.


Could you be the next Casino Beef Week Queen?

premium_icon Could you be the next Casino Beef Week Queen?

The ambassador will receive more than $2500 worth of prizes

Purple Week a ‘success’ ahead of relay

premium_icon Purple Week a ‘success’ ahead of relay

INAUGURAL event shown to be an “incredible success” ahead of this year’s Relay for...

Explosive ice report calls for more injecting rooms

premium_icon Explosive ice report calls for more injecting rooms

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has been left red-faced