KATE Moss has been offered a number of grovelling apologies after several publications ran an entirely fabricated story about her suffering a health scare.
The Mail on Sunday, Grazia and The Sun all printed retractions for claiming that an ambulance had been called to Mario Testino's 60th birthday party at the Chiltern Firehouse hotel in London last October after she had fallen dramatically ill.
Women's weekly Grazia wrote: "We now accept that this incident did not occur and that no ambulance was called for her. The party was not evacuated on her behalf and there is no current cause for concern as to her health.
"We apologise also for implying that the story featured on a gossip website was a reference to Kate, and for implying that there was a 'cover up'.
"We have told Kate that the story was written in good faith and we apologise to her for any offence caused."
In the Mail on Sunday's clarification column, they wrote: "An article on March 8 said an ambulance was called when Kate Moss became ill at a late night party at the Chiltern Firehouse hotel in London last October.
"We now accept that this incident did not occur and that no ambulance was called for her. We apologise to Miss Moss for any offence caused."
On its article headlined 'Why's it all gone messy Mossy?', The Sun clarified: "We now accept that this incident did not occur and that no ambulance was called for her. We are happy to clarify the position and apologise to Miss Moss."
Moss has won substantial damages for a number of false stories over the years. The Daily Mail was forced to pay up in 2001 following allegations that she had turned up to a photoshoot incapacitated with drugs and alcohol.
In 2005, she successfully sued the Sunday Mirror for an article that claimed she had collapsed into a coma after taking cocaine on a visit to Spain in June 2001.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.