Infiniti Q50 takes on key premium compact sedan players
FLEDGLING premium brand Infiniti will launch its assault on the compact sedan market next month with the Q50.
Starting from $51,900, the Q50 will be available with diesel and hybrid drivetrains.
The 2.2-litre turbo diesel will have a promotional drive-away price of $55,900 between February and April.
Hybrid variants will start from $67,900.
Infiniti, the luxury offshoot of Nissan, is taking on the likes of the BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the Lexis IS range with this new addition.
The Q50 2.2d four-cylinder turbo diesel delivers 125kW of power and 400Nm of torque with combined average fuel consumption of 5.2-litres per 100km.
Hybrid models generate 268kW of power and 546Nm of torque courtesy of a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine and a 50kW power electric motor partnered to a lithium-ion battery. The Q50 Hybrid uses 6.8-litres/100km but can sprint from 0-100kmh in 5.1 seconds (rear-wheel drive). It will be available in both rear-and all-wheel drive.
Both the Q50 2.2d and Q50 Hybrid are fitted with a seven-speed automatic transmission with manual mode.
Infiniti is claiming a world first in the Q50 with Direct Adaptive Steering. DAS provides the driver with the ability to customise the Q50's steering response and rate to suit personal preferences.
The Infiniti Q50 model range comprises three model grades in Australia: the entry-specification GT grade (2.2d only), the Q50 S (mid-grade) and high-grade Q50 S Premium.
Diesel: GT $51,900, S $57,900, S Premium AWD $61,900.
Hybrid: S $67,900, S Premium AWD $73,900.
The GT-specification Q50 comes with:
- 17-inch five twin-spoke light alloy wheels
- Infiniti InTouch dual touch-screen displays and in-car navigation system with Traffic Messaging Channel
- LED headlights with integrated daytime running lights
- Bluetooth audio streaming and mobile connectivity
- Advanced Climate Control System with auto-recirculation
- Infiniti Drive Mode selector (Standard, Snow, Sport, Personal)
- Digital radio
- Leather-faced seating upholstery with electric front seat adjustment
- Intelligent Key (I-Key) with smart access and enhanced memory
The Q50 S adds:
- 19-inch triple five-spoke light alloys (Q50 Hybrid)
- 18-inch 7 twin-spoke light alloys (Q50 2.2d)
- Direct-Adaptive Steering with Active Lane Control
- Sport-tuned suspension (Q50 Hybrid only)
- Opposed-piston brakes and regenerative braking system (Q50 Hybrid only)
- Magnesium-modified paddle shifters
- Studio on Wheels by BOSE: 14-speaker premium audio system with Advanced Staging Technology
- Electric moonroof with sliding sunshade
- Sports front bumper
The high-grade Q50 S Premium also includes:
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (Q50 Hybrid only)
- 19-inch triple 5-spoke light alloy wheels (Q50 2.2d)
- Intelligent Cruise Control and Distance Control Assist
- Forward Collision Avoidance, Predictive Forward Collision Warning and Forward Emergency Braking
- Lane Departure Warning and Lane Departure Prevention
- Blind Spot Warning and Blind Spot Intervention
- Back-up Collision Intervention
- Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection
- Active Front-lighting System with High Beam Assist