How I lost 45kg without going on any diet
A 23-YEAR-OLD who lost 45kg has confessed she hates diets and revealed how she really shed the kilos.
About two years ago, Chloe Longstaff's brother was engaged to be married and she was a bridesmaid, but had a shocking wake-up call when she struggled to fit into her dress.
She then decided to transform herself from a fast food addict to a health junkie.
Before losing weight, she gorged on packs of biscuits, blocks of chocolate and bags of chips, eating it all in just one sitting.
She weighed more than 100kg and was just 162cm tall, and bingeing was to blame for the weight she gained during her teenage years.
She's now dropped to 63kg but admits it hasn't been easy.
"Even in the early stages of weight loss I had episodes of binges, often when I would be having a 'cheat night'," she wrote on her weight loss blog.
"For example I would have a pizza for my cheat meal, sometimes with a side of fries and garlic bread, but then I would 'need' something sweet afterwards so would often have a bar of sharing chocolate then raid the cupboards because I thought 'I've started eating now I may as well continue'."
Ms Longstaff, a marketing executive from England, said she dropped her weight naturally, and her secret weapon was she never once followed a diet.
Writing on her blog, she said she did not have weight loss surgery or take magic pills and shortcuts.
"I have lost all of my weight by following a healthy balanced lifestyle consisting of lots of healthy food and plenty of exercise," she said.
"I count calories and log all of my meals in a food diary to ensure I am in a calorie deficit over the week, meaning that I make sure to burn more calories than I consume, allowing my body to be burning fat resulting in weight loss."
Ms Longstaff said when she began losing weight, she put herself in a healthy mindset. Even when she weighed 110kg she said she believed in herself.
Don't give up your life to lose weight, you still need to enjoy yourself. For me, going out for dinner/drinks has always been a big part of my social life and throughout my weight loss journey I have still been out for dinner, had cocktails, wine, cake, pizza because life is about BALANCE 🖒 you can't stay indoors forever and not go out because you want to lose 10lb etc, life is for living and enjoying so if you want a glass of wine or a piece of cake then have it 😄 I've been very good this week so I'm looking forward to dinner and cocktails in Birmingham with the girls tonight and a bbq with friends tomorrow 💕🍷🍻 HAPPY FRIDAYYYYY 🎉 • • • • • • #weightloss#weightlossjourney#healthylifestyle#healthychoices#fitness#fitfam#ukfitfam#workout#workoutmotivation#transformation#facetofacefriday#flashbackfriday#fff#goals#motivation#balancedlifestyle#alwaystimeforwine#andcake
"Having self belief makes you far more likely to stick to your plan and achieve your goal," she said.
"Additionally, having the ability to pick yourself up after a bad day is important, as an emotional eater myself, I understand the temptation of going home after a bad day to binge eat in order to feel better, however this is a temporary solution with both mental and physical damages in the long term.
What's a Friday without a #facetoface #transformation 🙋💁 currently 96lb down ⬇👊 • • • • • • • #weightloss#weightlossjourney#healthylifestyle#fitness#fitfam##fitnessjourney#workout#workoutmotivation#goals#motivation#weightlosstransformation#transformation#beforeandafter#progress#facetofacefriday#flashbackfriday
"This journey was not easy so I won't position it as all fun and smiles.
"I have faced many challenges, had several setbacks, laughed and cried."
Ms Longstaff said since she started losing weight, she would eat healthy for 80 per cent of the week and treat herself the other 20 per cent.
She'll indulge on chocolate, takeaway pizza and wine on the weekend but go back to eating healthy on Monday. This isn't her idea of a diet, in fact, she hates them.
"I hate the word diet. To me, a diet gives the impression of a short-term fix, possibly before a holiday or other occasion when people want to feel good before going way," she wrote on her blog.
"While a quick-fix diet may provide you with quick weight loss in a short amount of time, it's likely that all the weight lost will be gained very easily and very quickly.
"A diet also has a negative stigma attached to it, for example I often hear people say 'I can't have that I'm on a diet', or 'I have to eat salad because I'm on a diet'. Restriction or banning of your favourite foods can lead to a relapse and binge eating."
Ms Longstaff said people wanting to lose weight should eat healthy, exercise, drink water and enjoy treats in moderation.