Horror explosion at Christmas lunch

A FAMILY'S Christmas lunch has been marred by a horror explosion that burned the face, arms and legs of a 62-year-old man from Shell Cove, near Wollongong as he attempted to cook lunch.

Police and emergency services rushed to his home at 9.30am on Christmas Day after reports of a gas explosion.

He was airlifted to Concord Hospital for treatment by the specialist burns unit.

Authorities are now looking into claims the gas bottle may not have been properly connected to the barbecue.

>>Woman stabbed on her way to midnight mass


Child approach was a 'misunderstanding': Police

Child approach was a 'misunderstanding': Police

Police say reported child approach was a misunderstanding

"It won't be long before there are milk shortages"

"It won't be long before there are milk shortages"

Farmers "stressed to the max, mentally and physically”

A good conversation is like a ball game

A good conversation is like a ball game

Observing the flow of conversation can be a spectator sport

Local Partners