Woman suffers facial burns in gas stove explosion

The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.
The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.

A WOMAN has burns to her face after a gas stove explosion at a Toowoomba CBD cafe.

Emergency services were called to the Shingle Inn about 7.15am to reports of a gas stove explosion.

Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics are treating a female employee for minor burns to her face.

RELATED: Exploding stove shocks emergency service personnel

She is expected to be transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service is on scene.

Workplace health and safety authorities will investigate.

 


Lismore Gallery exhibits capture our reach

Lismore Gallery exhibits capture our reach

As a public facility the gallery's remit is ensure reach is broad

Escape the screens and let's get cycling

Escape the screens and let's get cycling

cycling gives your mind a break and your body an influx of oxygen

Gallery exhibits a 'portrait' of Lismore

Gallery exhibits a 'portrait' of Lismore

Two of our best photographers give Heart & Soul to new exhibition

Local Partners