NSW SES has partnered with Volunteering QLD to run Disaster Resilience Leadership Workshop this weekend at the Lismore Sports Club in Goonellabah.
The course is free to participants, and it will focus on the role community leaders play in building community resilience and disaster management from a community perspective.
Attendants will develop an action plan aiming to build resilience by working together with other agencies.
These action plans can be developed for any hazard.
This two day workshop covers:
- Brief outline of disaster management
- What is community resilience.
- The four adaptive capacities of a resilient community: Information and Communication, Social Capital, Economic Development, Community Competence.
- The emotional impacts of disaster.
- Assets based approach to building community resilience.
- Resilience-building project planning.
RSVP by close of business Thursday, May 14, to Janet Pettit on 6625 7700 or email email@example.com.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.