CRUISING is a great choice for single seniors who love to travel.
There are many cruise lines that actively encourage singles and there is such a demand from singles who would like to take a cruise, many cruise companies have introduced singles friendly initiatives to make passengers feel more comfortable.
These include special activity programs and discounted singles pricing.
Some of the welcoming singles initiatives include:
- Providing purpose built single cabins that are cheaper than the usual.
- Dedicated singles lounges to help you mingle.
- Meet and mingle cocktail evenings especially for single travellers on the first night.
- Tables hosted by the ship's officers or staff for the single travellers.
- Group departures for single travellers.
- Providing gentleman hosts to ensure you always have a dance partner.
And if you are thinking of cruising solo, bigger is not necessarily better for singles cruising.
Choose a small to medium sized ship that will make it easier to bump into people you have met.
The larger ships mean that if you strike a friendship with someone by the pool, you may not necessarily see them again.
Smaller ships also tend to attract an older clientele.
The smaller ships by nature are also a little more social, because of the fact that you do see people again.
The single supplement is the most irritating thing about travelling alone.
The smaller cruise lines tend to be the ones that cater well to singles by offering the best single supplement deals.
There are also great cruises for the solo traveller including Europe river cruising.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.