Victim of alleged sexual assault was just nine-years-old

A COFFS Harbour man has been charged over the aggravated sexual assault of a child.  

Police allege the girl was aged between 9 and 13 when she was assaulted by the man over a number of years while in his care near Repton.  

Detectives from the Child Abuse Squad travelled to Newcastle earlier this month and arrested the man, now aged 49, at Marks Point.  

He was charged with three counts of aggravated sexual assault and two counts of aggravated indecent assault and granted conditional bail until his court appearance on January 23.  

Coffs Harbour Child Abuse Squad Detective Sergeant Matthew Zimmer said the protracted investigation related to offences dating back to 2005.  

He said it was important for victims to remember it was "never too late" to report an offence and that all reports to the squad were treated as highly confidential.  

Anyone with information can phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.  


'You saved our sacred country for us': protest celebrated

'You saved our sacred country for us': protest celebrated

How Terania Protest went on to define our region

Door closes, another opens for ScoMo

Door closes, another opens for ScoMo

'Scott Morrison, if he is nothing else, is a dedicated marketeer'

We are a region of sports lovers

We are a region of sports lovers

Council realises value of sport to our region