MELBOURNE Heart coach John Aloisi says he is not a quitter.
But after another defeat, this time a 3-1 setback in the Melbourne derby to the Victory, I doubt if the former Socceroo is likely to have much say in the matter.
The Heart has not won this season and is rooted to the bottom of the A-League.
Its run without a win stretches back to February last year - that's 16 games, so its no wonder the vultures are circling.
I am surprised the hook has not been used already, especially after Melbourne Heart chief executive Scott Munn refused to guarantee his coach would see out the A-League season.
I wonder just how long the Heart board can wait before making a decision on Aloisi's future.
In the English Premier League the likes of Steve Clarke at West Brom and Andre Villas Boas at Spurs have been sacked with a much better record than Aloisi.
I have no doubt Aloisi is doing his best for the Heart and there is also no doubting his passion for the job - you only have to watch him on the sidelines during games to witness that.
But unfortunately football, like all sports, is a result-based business and the Heart just has not been getting results.
Aloisi said after Saturday's defeat he could only do his best and the rest would follow.
"At the moment, I think I'm the man for the job," he said.
"I'll try my hardest with the other coaches, with everyone in the team, with the players to bring this club to where we think it should be."
The trouble is, where Aloisi thinks the club should be, and the board's idea, might just be too far away from each other for the coach to keep his job.
I think the end could be nigh for Aloisi unless there is an enormous turnaround in form and results and sadly, I can't see that happening.
Aloisi believes his team has been competitive enough on several occasions this season, but as I said before, if it is not winning then the fans and board will not be happy and something will have to give.
LOVE him or loathe him you have to admire the skills of Liverpool's Luis Suarez.
For some, Suarez's antics might have spelt the end of the line for the Uruguayan at the club.
He joined the Reds from Ajax in January 2011 and has been a controversial figure at Anfield, serving two long-term bans - the first for racially abusing Patrice Evra, the second for biting Branislav Ivanovic.
And last summer Suarez suggested the club had reneged on an agreement to let him leave if the Reds failed to qualify for the Champions League.
Quite frankly if I had been his manager, Brendan Rodgers, that might just have been the final straw for me.
But luckily for Liverpool fans I am not in charge at Anfield because Suarez could easily bring the club its first English League title since 1990.
You have to admire Rodgers for the way he has dealt with what you might call the "Suarez Situation".
I reckon a lot of managers put in the same predicament would have shown Suarez the door.
But Rodgers' kid-glove approach seems to have worked and he has managed to get the best out of Suarez.
The striker has been the best player in the EPL by a country mile this season and his 19 goals have propelled Liverpool to the top of the table.
Now Suarez has promised to remain at the club "for a very long time" after signing a contract extension worth $73m.
The striker says the support he has received from Liverpool fans was one of the main reasons for extending his contract, which will make him the highest paid player in the club's history.
The fans, along with Rodgers will be hoping Suraez can repay that faith with that elusive title.
Do that and they might all forget his indiscretions.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.