Find something curious…
Experienced medical receptionists needed for full-time/part-time/casual positions in new skin cancer clinic.
Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic
Skin cancer is seen as Australias national cancer, with 2 out of 3 people diagnosed with it by the age of 70 years. As such, there is a growing demand for experienced and dedicated skin cancer services. Opening in mid-July 2019, Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic will provide full skin checks and spot checks, together with a comprehensive range of skin cancer treatment options, including both surgical and non-surgical methods.
The Clinic's Director is Dr Tristan Hicks, a specialist GP who has worked full time in skin cancer diagnosis and management since 2015, and has personally diagnosed and managed hundreds of melanomas and thousands of non-melanoma skin cancers. Tristan has had extensive training in skin cancer, completing several advanced courses in its diagnosis and management. He is currently undertaking a Masters in Skin Cancer through the University of Queensland, and expects to complete his fellowship with the Skin Cancer College Australasia in 2019. He is a registered fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic is centrally located in East Lismore in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, and services the people of Lismore, Casino, Kyogle, Alstonville, Ballina, Byron Bay, Evans Head and surrounding areas.
We value warmth, sincerity, professionalism and dedication in ourselves as well as our staff, as we believe this will ensure that patients receive the highest quality care and that we all enjoy working together.
Medical Receptionist Role
The medical receptionist role is critical to the success of Summerland Skin Cancer Clinic in its desire to provide all of its patients with access to high quality and affordable skin cancer diagnosis and management in a timely fashion. The receptionist is the interface between the Clinic and the patients, and has the task of making the patient experience pleasant and smooth. He/she also provides assistance to the clinical staff in administering patient care by way of office support. The medical receptionist will report to the practice manager and has the following key responsibilities:
- Greeting and attending to patients in person and over the phone
- Answering incoming telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Processing patient payments
- Filing, scanning and photocopying
- Liaising with other health care providers as needed
- Assisting clinical staff with patient appointment recalls and reminders
- Assisting administration staff with maintaining business inventories as needed
- Maintaining confidentiality of all doctor, staff and patient information
- Other duties, as needed
- Job type Full-time/Part-time/Casual
- Award Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Salary range - $45,000-$55,000 (full-time)
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Work Location East Lismore, NSW
- Work Hours 8-38 hours per week
- Travel Requirements none
- Parking - free on-site car park for staff and patients
- Weekend work hours - Nil
The medical receptionist should have the following skills/attributes:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures/systems, including managing electronic files/records, patient bookings, processing payments and other office procedures (Required)
- Significant previous experience in a medical receptionist role (Preferred)
- Friendly, professional, courteous manner when interacting with patients as well as other members of staff, including the ability to work as part of a team (Required)
- Proficiency in medical terminology (Required)
- High level time management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and problem solve (Required)
** Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for the position.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please contact the Summerland Skin Cancer Clinics Practice Manager, Elizabeth Hicks, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Lismore 2480